So as you all know I am a little bit of a techie nerd...facebook, Apple computers, videogames (shhhh), and my undercover obsession with reading Wired blogs etc. I had an epiphany here in the CIMM lab while studying formal logic and reflecting upon my recent accidental removal from the listserve (Jake you're back on the highlights reel): we all want to goof around, joke, be politically incorrect and share awkward photos and stories from our pasts, but have no medium to do so. A considerable amount of brothers get annoyed with massive amounts of email because they distract away from the important business that does get sent over the listserve. In realizing all these things I've come up with the perfect solution that will revolutionize our Beta experience and communication habits. Here they are:
The Beta Blog - this will be the root of it all. On this we all will have access to posting images, videos, links and so on that we desire to share. Share till your hearts content. On this page we will have links to the following pages----
- Beta Social Calender - currently we have a more complicated webpage which is not user friendly, thus we never check it and revert back to our old habits of using the listserve for EVERYTHING. That is ineffecient and unneeded. So, with the calender program on Google, we will have our official social calender, recruitment events, intramurals, university events (lectures etc), and then anything else of interest.
- Beta Pages - these will be different pages that at first I will create which will hold certain types of information. Ex. A video page which I will post a highlight reel from all of Greek Week that I created, video of bandstand, interviews with people, outtakes etc. Ex. A Lore page with essential info on certain aspects of Beta which you might need to look up when Son of Stars isn't in reach.
- Beta Stats - this will utilize the google spreadsheets feature and will allow us to post all of our recruitment stats such as list of new men, current intramural standings, name and majors etc
Step 1. Sign up for Google Account if you don't already have one. (If you have gmail you're good)
Step 2. Bookmark this page (http://gobetago.blogspot.com)
Step 3. Wait for further communication and check this site daily or whenever you desire.
I'll post more soon. Let the games begin...
-kkreezy
1 comment:
Krease i like the idea...if this catches on it'll be much more efficient!
Post a Comment